Last Updated: November 1, 2021
What Information We Collect
- When you register for an account on the Website;
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys, panels, or research;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the Website
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the Website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
How We Combine Your Information
We may combine information gathered from the Website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by DeBIOS Foundation and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources (e.g., contact information from government funders or grantor information) to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
For editorial purposes;
Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about DeBIOS Foundation;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our Website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Processing donation transactions;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
How We Share Your Information
DeBIOS Foundation adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Website. Except as disclosed below, we don’t sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside DeBIOS Foundation to use or access your personal information and in all cases we only share your personal information where it is in the legitimate interest of furthering the philanthropic aims of DeBIOS Foundation.
We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to DeBIOS Foundation.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
Like some websites, we may use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow DeBIOS Foundation and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your express permission.
DeBIOS Foundation strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. But no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
- Access to your personal information;
- Correction of the personal information that we hold;
- Deletion of your personal information;
- A restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Transfer of your personal information to another party; or
- Objection to processing of your personal information based on DeBIOS Foundation’s legitimate interest (or those of a third party) to use it and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to such processing.
We consider that
DeBIOS Foundation has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your information. DeBIOS Foundation is committed to investing in innovative ideas, visionary individuals, and frontline institutions advancing Celestial Computing around the world and pursuing these aims is not in conflict with your rights. This provides our lawful basis to use your personal information, within the limitations set forth herein.
Questions and comments should be directed to [email protected]
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if you would like to change your preferences, if you no longer wish to receive e-mail updates from DeBIOS Foundation, or if you believe DeBIOS Foundation has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an e-mail to [email protected]